Herkelman

Herkelman

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hawks get revenge on the Spartans

     The Hawkeyes picked up a huge home win vs. the number 1 team in the nation, the Michigan State Spartans. Sure the Spartans were without their best player, but that is still one hell of a team. I was actually at the game and I watched on as the Hawks controlled the game for almost all 40 minutes.
     All I'm gonna say is that I went to the Iowa vs Michigan State basketball game and my brother went to the football game. I guess that means that I am the good luck charm and not my brother. Maybe I should've been the one to go to the Rose Bowl instead. Unfortunately, my brother lost that one too. This is all besides the point however.
     It was a great game for the Hawks and especially for Mike Gessel, the Iowa point guard. Mike put in more than a few clutch buckets down the stretch and also held Michigan State point guard Bryn Forbes to only three points. It was a good sign for the Hawks and they hope to carry that upset mentality into Indiana as they take on the Purdue Boilermakers next.

No comments:

Post a Comment