Herkelman

Herkelman

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas: A Time for Joy, A Time for Food

     Tis the season! Tis the season for lots and lots of...food? Food is my favorite part of the holidays to be honest. It's like I am deprived of good tasting food for 360ish days. Thus having days like Thanksgiving, Christmas, a couple of birthdays maybe, allow for extravagant arrangements of food.
     In my family, Christmas time means brunch. And Christmas brunch means eggs with bacon. My uncle's eggs with bacon is legendary. Tales have been told, songs have been sung about my uncle's eggs with bacon. Try to imagine riding a rainbow while riding a golden unicorn with each ends of the rainbow ending in pools of that blue kool-aid stuff that comes in plastic bottles. (if you dont know what I'm talking about, here's a picture)

Take that experience, times by about a factor of a billion, and you would end up with what it feels like eating those beautiful eggs and bacon.
     As if that weren't good enough, I get to open different presents and see my extended family on Christmas day. But still, the eggs and bacon reign supreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment