Herkelman

Herkelman

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Cougars Fall Short of Perfection

     Before anything else, let me just say how fun it was, and how much I enjoyed watching the Cougar football team play this season. That being said, I was saddened after the state championship game where Kennedy lost their first game of the year to Dowling Catholic. Dowling, a private school that can recruit their athletes, were just full a big, strong, fast players. I guess I really have to give it up to Dowling....or at least their recruiting. No, but seriously, they do a great job over there at Dowling....great job of recruiting! It's easy to win football games when you play against public high schools that can't recruit their players and you can. I mean you know something is screwed up when a team doesn't ever lose for like 3 straight years. Anyways, it was fun to watch the Cougars this season.
     Kennedy finished the year with only one loss, and also had the best record in school history at 7 and 0. Additionally, the Cougs were a fun team to watch. It wasn't like way back when they used to run the ball two times, pass one more, and then punt it away on fourth down. It was a real pound and fly offense which utilized Shaun Beyer, Tyler Dralle, and the ginormous Kennedy O-Line. This system proved to be the second best offense in the state (to Dowling), and the best rushing attack in the state. This combined with Kennedy's stellar defense carried them the entire year to victory after victory.
     It was a fun season for all Cougar players and fans. I hope that is what is taken away from this season. Not a loss in the championship game, but the best season by far in school history. I know that's what I'll take away from this season. Forever roll cougs.

No comments:

Post a Comment